Friday, March 8, 2013

Huckleberry Knob, Snowy Beautiful Bald

  I had a tough hike earlier in the week and need a short hike to let my leg rest a bit. So I picked an easy summit. It was a cool snowy day on Huckleberry Knob.  And at about a mile it looked to be an easy fast summit.  The only problem I had was the fact I was dog-sitting my fiance's two dogs.  Not that I mind but they do put aspin on any activation especially a snowy one.

We arrived on site about 10:00 after a fun drive on the Cherohala Skyway.  The road was packed snow and I drive a Smart car, what fun!

 I created a video of the days activity. I tried to incorporate my new Dog cam. Enjoy!



It was a great day.  Max and Gus were great but as you can see their little legs just couldn't make the entire trip.  I bet I wouldn't have this problem with Goats!

73's And Keep Climbing!

4 comments:

Doug said...

Great video.

Anonymous said...

Great video John, just need to sort out the two dog cams ;-)
Mike G6TUH

Andrew said...

Neat video, what software do you use for production, and the captions?
Re the dog cam, the focus works very well despite the shake!
Would like to work S2S but the time differences with low power sure make it tricky.
Andrew VK1DA

JDoogan said...

The cameras I use are 2 Go Pro's and I have been editing on IMovie on my Ipad. Its actually real easy.