Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Found new cases for the KX3 and Battery Today

Well I was out running some errands, and looking for a pair of waterproof Gortex socks, and I ran across these gems.  They are Polycarbonate Waterproof Cases from Plano.

They come in three sizes and I picked up the small and medium variety.  I had checked the dementions at the store and found that my 8400 Zippy would fit in the small one and my KX3 into the medium.  When I got home I found that they were an excellent fit. 






The battery as you can see is a perfect fit.  It is exactly the type of protection I was looking for. The KX3 below was also a great fit.  Inside the case is a rubber floor that is removable.  I found that I could store some items under it.  The only thing I cant fit is the cheap set of Sony headphones I use.















As you can see both cases fit in the radio pouch for my pack.  I like the idea of the added protection for my KX3.  Again I am trading a little bit of weight for a lot more protection.  I think it is worthwhile tradeoff.




I also added some sheepskin seat-belt covers to my rucksack straps.  I found these some time ago and finally got around to mounting them.  They are verrryyyyy comfy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

What store did you find these Plano boxes at?

JDoogan said...

Academy Sports

Bob VE3MPG said...

Canadian Tire and Walmart in Canada carry these Plano boxes - good selection too. - Nice blog by the way. - Bob VE3MPG

Anonymous said...

I love the Plano for my kx3, Home Depot had a generic knock off also

Anonymous said...

I am looking for about your product place lace me a message.
When I post this , I am looking for more information on this. Looking about this build ham Radio box