Thursday, July 4, 2013

KK4NQQ goes APRS!

Climbing mountains and making contacts is what brings excitement to all activators.  To make it easier for the chasers, the people that make our activations possible, I have decided to incorporate APRS into my repertoire.

I have downloaded the APRSDroid app for my phone and I have recently purchased a Yaesu VX-8GR "Still waiting on the delivery"  Living in the Knoxville, TN area I have been using APRSDroid on my Galaxy Note 2 while in the car to get a feel for how it works.  As many of you know it is a great tool.

Once my VX-8GR arrives I will begin to use it on my activations.  It is my hope that this will make the job easier on the chasers chasing me. It will allow chasers to track me and know when I am about to summit.  Once I have some experience with this radio I will do a write up on my experiences with it.

73's and Keep Climbing!!!

No comments: